Friday 16 September 2011

Human Communication

Once upon a time, I really enjoyed being left alone talking to myself or talking to my ancestral tablets. Please don’t misunderstand, I don’t have autism. It’s just one of my weird hobbies besides day dreaming. However, I have not been doing that often simply because life’s getting too busy.

I love my grandmother as much as she loved me even we cannot communicate well because she only speaks Hainan language while mine really sucks. After all, she passed away when I was 10. Ever since then, I will only get to visit her grave once a year. So, whenever I miss her, or I was being bullied or there’s things troubling my thoughts, I will sit in front of the ancestral tablets in my house and imagine myself talking to her.

Most of the time it sounds like this:

Grandma, I miss those days when I was little. I only want to be your centre of attraction not others. You know, I never like to be a leader in groups. I rather give up compliments from teachers and friends for being independent.
Grandma why people love to compare and compete? I don’t mind they exceed me or do better than me, and I don’t care whether they plagiaries my works or not.
I just want to be me, finish my works silently and ignore things that have no direct connections with me.
Oh grandma, sometimes I really wish that my existence will be neglected, so that people will not rely on me to do work for them just because they look high on me.
I just want to be a small potato if I can.
Dear grandma, I wish I can invisible, even once is enough. Please help me.

Typical reply from her:

Hey granddaughter, this is life. Stop bragging and complaining and move on for a solution.
You should always fight for yourself and your parents because they don’t feed you for nothing.
Stop being a useless little girl wasting their money and effort bringing you up.
You have to be brave, tough and honest but remember one thing- you are always my baby granddaughter. Your grandpa and I will be supporting you forever. So, go for your future, we will meet eventually when time comes.

I might sound stupid but hey, this has a scientific term- its call intrapersonal communication. It helps to make me what I am now, doing my best to ignore bad temptations, getting good grades and earning myself a living. For those who had been mean to me, listen to this.


Someday I’ll be big enough so you can’t hit me, and all you’re ever gonna be is mean. (Taylor Swift, 2011)

Rachel

4 comments:

  1. Can I know who posted what? I am confused.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss Allison, we put our names at the end of each post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could very much predict, the creation of this blog would be very troublesome for you based on your "human communication"

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi there, you are right. i enjoy reading more than writing =)

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete