Monday 19 September 2011

First Impression!!!

 

First impression always plays a vital role in daily interaction between people. Do you agree?? It forms a perception in people’s  mind what kind of people you are and it will also determine the way people treats you. So, please make sure you give others a good first impression every time or you will end up having the same “misfortune” like me.

I guess everyone will be excited for their college life as it is like a second chapter in our life and we’ll be starting to be treated as an adult. Besides, the most important reason- finally we are set FREE!! No more discipline teacher who will chop off our hair just because she is in her menopause; no more funny and ugly school uniforms!! College is like a new place to meet people from different background, to study what we really want to study and it will definitely be a heaven!  Therefore, I believe all of us hope to have a good and memorable one. 


The first day of college is like a WAR. Everyone hopes to stand out from the crowd and be one of the star (I mean be notice by others). Thus, most people will try to dress up as nice as possible especially during the orientation. However, this is exactly opposite for me. OK I admit that sometimes I tend to be drab as I am lazy to think of “what to wear for tomorrow”. Plus, I have something on my head which is outstanding enough to grab other’s attention-my gold hair. So, I end up being perceive as a “clubbing, alcoholic and wild girl” just because I have gold hair. (See how important first impression in?? *wink*) In fact, the reason why I dye my hair to GOLD is because of a part time job as a hair model (do not ever sacrifice your hair just because of few hundred bucks because it is not worth it at all!) and I do not have any interest on clubs. Last but not least, I hate drinking and do not understand the reason why people willing to spend on them just to make themselves unconscious. Therefore, those people who perceive themselves as “good, obedient and hardworking” will try to stay at least 3 feet from me as we are not in the same channel!(ok, maybe not 3 feet but just difficult to get along with..)
Now, even though I’ve already grow back all my black hair, there is still people who will perceive me as “clubbing, alcoholic and wild girl” because this is the first impression I gave them during the first day we know each other. Besides, I also realized that I have a bad habit whereby I used to cross my arms in front of my chest with a serious or so called “critical face”, which recently I become conscious that it is actually a type of self protecting gestures and facial expression in which will keep people away from you.
In a nut shell, what I can conclude from my own story is that keep yourself NORMAL and do not do something which is too OUTSTANDING especially when you need to meet new people because people tend to get along with someone who is similar to themselves. In addition, be friendly (say cheese~~ ) and always pay attention on our own body movement and gestures as they might be a sign of “hey, please do not come near me..”.


Good luck and stay tune for my next entry..=)


Sue

2 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree more on the point of " pay attention to our own body movement and gestures"

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for reading. perhaps you have something regarding that to share with us? =)

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete