Wednesday 2 November 2011

Pseudo Listening

This is a new word that I learn recently in class and found myself as a pseudo listener.
Pseudo basically means false or not sincere. 
Therefore, a pseudo listener is people who is isn't listening properly due to distractions.
Thinking back it makes me feel guilty because most of the time I did pseudo listening when my mother is trying to talk with me, to understand me better. 
Although I always answer her uh huh, okay, en, yes, alright, sure etc. I wasn't paying attention at all because my focus is on my laptop or mobile phone. 
Putting myself in her shoes, I think I hurt her feelings when she once told me: 
You know, your laptop sees you more than I do.
Since watching my grandmother held her last breath in front of me, I realize that time flies really fast.
Thus, appreciating moments and time talking with my parents, understanding them, satisfying them is what I should do at the moment before regretting it when it's too late. 
My parents have spend half a life time raising me up and they have never pseudo listen to me at all, not even once. Whenever I need to talk, they will be there anytime, ready to listen.
After reflecting myself recently, I felt bad and sorry for neglecting them too often by pseudo listening.
This is a bad habit and I've made up my mind to do my best quitting it.


found this on tumblr
credits to allieD19



Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment